Friday, April 24, 2009

My thoughts

It has been quite a while since I have done some music video shooting works. The last time I did on Saldivianna Wences. She is an artist from Tambunan who have released her album few years back. Since then, the work just stop there due to reasons such lack of equipments and insufficient budget.

However, I am trying to revive this again project again to make sure that this time around it will be finish. I will slowly find ways to DIY the equipments for shooting purpose and hopefully. I am doing this for the sake of love and wanting to express what i feel by putting my personal touch in the final production of the shooting. Of course I know there are many talented people out there and I am not competing with them. I want to learn from them so therefore in the context of competing with them, it never existed in my mind and I will not set a benchmark for competition purposes. But I am setting benchmark of my work in terms of quality and expression.

I have recently get my hand on this SONY HDR SR10.


It is not as big or as grand as you might expect. I know some people will have have this thought that says "is this guy for real? making & producing a music video by using that?"...well i just don't care. Like i said before, the very reason why I stopped shooting last time because of equipment and budget. I feel proud of myself because previously i was using only a mere BENQ digital camera with a 2 Gig memory card to shoot 5 music videos. So you can imagine how bad it was before. Now I am stepping up another level and when I have enough, I can slowly get my hands on a more serious set of equipments. It is only a matter of time as to when I will be able to get it. But right now, I just wanted to sharpen my skills and techniques also learn from the best and pros in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment