Sunday, April 26, 2009

First trial run

Yesterday my wife asked me if I would like to go to see a football match final between SM La Salle, Kota Kinabalu and SM. St. Martin, Tambunan. I was excited because of the fact that my wife was an ex SMART (St. Martin) student and I was an ex La Sallian. Apart from that, it is the opportunity where I can try out my new SONY HDD HandyCam. I took the whole match with it unfortunately the battery only last for about 135 minutes.

The zoom, focus and stabilizer were great and I just loved it. I am beginning to get the hang of it. My only regrets I didn't bring along my tripod. Nevermind about that, the shots were all stable with minimal shaking. The autofocus takes about 3 seconds when I moved the camera trying to capture the movement of the ball that was kicked from one end to the other end. Overall for starter I am quite satisfied with it. I will share some of the clips here later once I have transfered it into my laptop.

I met up with Ashley Daniel Koh, my friend just now. I asked him how was his wedding photoshoot session yesterday. He said it was great. I wanted to see his work later . For those of you who are interested, you can view his blog at http://shotsbyashley.blogspot.com/. This guy is really talented.

He was asking what did I do and whether or not I am interested in photography. I told him that I am in a different field. I am more into videos. So he said "what a coincidence." In fact he told me that he was looking for someone who can do videos for weddings. I said I can. He suggested that we should work together and come up with a package. I am interested in it. I think I should go into this as well. But of course my major field of specialties will be in music video now and movie production in a long run.

Well I hope I can do it well and gotta put something here in my blog for the sample of my work..so I gotta work on the video that I took just now during the match and make it into something impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment